How Does CV People Africa Operate?
When CV People Africa Receives a Job Vacancy from a Recruiter
- The details of the job are immediately published to the website.
- The consultant managing the vacancy conducts a database search to identify potential candidates.
- A portfolio is prepared with the CVs of potential candidates and this is emailed to the recruiter.
- The consultant monitors the website applications being made on the vacancy.
- If any of the applications are suitable then the additional CVs will be sent to the recruiter.
- The consultant will liaise closely with the recruiter and information updates will be posted to the website.
- The consultant will set up interviews on instruction from the recruiter.
How Does CV People Africa Shortlist Job Seekers?
- The consultant will conduct a database search using the job specification defined by the recruiter. Key selection criteria might include :.
- Profile Date: Preference is given to job seekers with up-to-date profiles.
- Contact Details: Preference is given to job seekers who can be contacted easily.
- Education: A particular qualification may be necessary for the vacancy.
- Years of Experience: The recruiter may specify the preferred years of experience.
- Computer Software: The job seeker may need to know a particular software package.
- Specific Skills: The recruiter will ask for candidates with particular skills.
- Salary: The salary on offer will eliminate those job seekers who are already earning more.
- Location: The position will be based in a particular city / location.
- Availability: Some positions are urgent so the recruiter will want candidates who can start immediately.
- Other: The recruiter might specify other relevant information, eg. A driver’s licence.
What Happens When a Job Seeker Makes a Job Application via this Website?
- The Job Seeker’s Profile is automatically linked and tracked to the vacancy.
- The consultant managing the vacancy receives an alert that an application has been made.
- The consultant will examine the application made and if it matches the job specification, the job seeker’s CV will be sent to the recruiter.
- If the Recruiter would like to interview the Job Seeker then the CV People Africa Consultant will contact the Job Seeker.
- In some instances, the Recruiter might contact the Job Seeker directly. The Job seeker should always keep CV People Africa informed when this happens.
I have been registered for a long time and have made many job applications, but I have never been shortlisted or called for an interview?
- The number of vacancies available is relatively small when compared to the number of job seekers. As a result, competition is significant.
- CV People Africa will only contact you if there is some positive news. Your CV will be sent out for job vacancies, but you will be contact only if the recruiter wants to interview you.
- You may be applying for the wrong jobs.
- You may think that if you apply for every job, you will eventually get one. This strategy does not work! CV People Africa is tasked by the recruiter to finding the best person for the job, rather than any person who can do the job.
- Your CV may be poor or your database profile may be out of date or contain many errors that eliminate you from being considered.